At Axcellent Adventures the safety of our guests and staff is our top priority. Our axe throwing lanes were designed with your safety in mind (they meet National Axe Throwing Federation standards), Axpert axe throwing coaches will train you and monitor your experience, our equipment is well maintained and checked for defects, and we have rules in place to maintain a safe environment.
AGE: Guests must be 12 years of age or older to throw an axe.
CLOTHING: Please wear properly-fitting clothing which allows you good range of motion. Closed-toed shoes are REQUIRED for anyone entering the throwing area and high heels are NOT allowed.
WHILE THROWING: You will be instructed in safety guidelines, throwing technique, and the structure of play upon arrival.
- DO NOT enter the throwing area until it is your turn to throw.
- DO NOT cross the throwing line until both axes in your arena have come to rest either in the target or on the floor.
- DO NOT throw until all participants in your arena are behind the throwing line.
- DO NOT leave the throwing area with an axe.
- NEVER use an axe aggressively, even in play.
- Food and beverages are not allowed inside the throwing area (leave them on the tables in our viewing area).
AXPERT INSTRUCTIONS: Follow all directions given by our staff. Should you forget a safety rule, you will receive a friendly but firm reminder. Repeated failure to follow safety rules may result in your removal from the throwing area and/or Panama Rocks. Please take our direction seriously as all rules are in place for your safety.
ALCOHOL AND DRUGS: Drugs and alcohol are NOT allowed in the Axcellent Adventures facility. We reserve the right to remove any individual we believe to be under the influence of alcohol or any other substances without a refund. This rule is in place for your safety and the safety of your group, other guests, and our staff.